LESSTICS crowned as the Grand Winner of TECH PLAN DEMO DAY in the PHILIPPINES 20202020/08/11
On 8th August 2020, Leave a Nest conducted the TECH PLAN DEMO DAY in the PHILIPPINES 2020. The event was held completely online. During this COVID situation, it is key for Leave a Nest to be supporting deep tech researchers and startups around the world who are solving deep issues.
This year, 9 finalists teams and 5 lightning talk speakers were chosen from 34 applications to pitch their core technology, business models and the issues that they are addressing to our panel of judges from Leave a Nest Singapore, Mitsui Chemical Singapore R&D Pte. Ltd, Real-Tech Holdings Inc., Sun* Inc., UPSCALE Innovation Hub, QBO Innovation Hub, Startup Village and Challenergy Philippines Inc . The finalists and lightning talk speakers this time include researchers from universities, student teams as well as startups, from various backgrounds such as Agri, Med, Eco & Deep Tech.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to judges who have joined us this year and for their feedback, interactions and enthusiasm which was crucial towards making the event a success.
This year, we introduced various awards from our partners. LESSTICS was crowned as the Grand Winner this year. LESSTICS wants to tackle the growing problem of unemployment among the youth and the use of single use plastics in the Philippines. Their solution employs the use of vegetable based adhesive to combine with shredded plastic to manufacture construction materials (identical to plywood) for the housing sectors.
List of winners:
1. Grand Winner
- Content: 3000 SGD cash prize, round trip air tickets to Singapore and accommodation for 2 team members, and right to participate in TECH PLANTER SOUTH EAST ASIA FINAL in Singapore 2020
- Winner: LESSTICS
- Theme: Single use waste plastics as raw material for housing construction.
2. Leave A Nest Award
- Content: round trip air tickets to Singapore and accommodation for 2 team members, and right to participate in TECH PLANTER SOUTH EAST ASIA FINAL in Singapore 2020
- Winner: Aumento Eterno
- Theme: Innovations in the field of Laparoscopic Surgery.
3. Mitsui Chemicals Award
- Content: 2,500SGD cash prize
- Team: Nanotronics Inc.
- Theme: Production of cellulose nanocrystals from indigenous plants for various industrial applications.
Congratulations to all the winners!
We look forward to the contribution of the winners as well as the finalists in solving real world issues. The next TECH PLANTER will be held in SINGAPORE.
Here is the upcoming Demo Day in the region:
Spread the news and keep in touch!