If your idea or technology meets the application requirement below, apply now
– Your problem is not a field of study but a challenging issue of humanity.
– Your team needs to provide a technical reference of your solution or product.
– You may apply if you are single founder. We advise and help you to seek co-founders who balance your skill-set.
1.Choose program or events
3.Interview With Mentors
4.Join pitch competitions
1.Choose program or events
3.Interview With Mentors
4.Join pitch competitions
How to Apply
At TECH PLANTER, we spend countless hours appraising over 300 ideas. We do this because we are truly passionate about the ideas we hear – they excite every single one of us.
Tens of successful applicants have joined our programs and raise investment. To ensure your startup has the best chance, we have listed our criteria below.
One of critical thing we look into is novelty of the plan. We really like to see a scientist or engineer applying their new technology or findings into business with deep understanding of existing unanswered questions.
All too often, a founder tends to express their newness with the only technological term. It’s okay to use the technological term while you are applications to us. We will leverage our science communications experience to re-write in a plain but powerful word.
This reflects the ability to execute, availability of technologies and team members. If your idea needs moonshot research before launching the product, it will lower the practicability. To overcome this situation, you need to formulate a highly dedicated research team and show everyone that you are the best team to achieve the research.
Whether it could bring about change in the world (Wild idea of technology or hard-will to solve the problem), It doesn’t depend on how big is the market. We want to see that you have an insight derived from a deeply thoughtful process of research.
Passion (of the team or a single entrepreneur him/herself). The final piece of the puzzle is your ability to pitch your idea with passions. If you can convey your idea with passion, your chance of being accepted are high. We want to see well rehearsed pitches, not boring academic oral presentations. If you are not experienced in natural communications without academic conference manner, you should be trained.
Step2 Frequently Asked Questions
What types of technologies are best suited for the TECH PLANTER?
TECH PLANTER is looking for technology-powered startups from around the world with innovative ideas for products and services in fields of robotics, IoT, hardware, biotech, healthcare, food and agriculture. We are looking for research-based technologies which do not end up with just code or apps. We are looking for entrepreneur or researcher who wants to be entrepreneur. Not just patent or research paper either.
How will the winner be chosen in grand prix? What are the criteria?
TECH PLANTER is looking for the technology-based thoughtful novel idea with great passionate team, available technologies and ability to execute.
In the competitions, team will submit their applications and do short pitch and Q&A with judges. Judges will rate with 4 criteria.
#2 Practicability (This reflects ability to execute, availability of technologies and team members),
#3 Whether it could bring about change to the world(Wild idea from technology or hard will to solve problem),
#4 Passion (of the team or a single entrepreneur him/herself).
- Title (1)
- Problem (1) #Who will be the customer? What is customer’s problem?
- Solution (1-2) #How do you gonna solve it? What feature or technology you will use.
- Achievement (1-2) #data, customer interview, prototype design etc.
- Team (1) #name, role, background, passion, degree etc.
- Future (1) #What kind of vision do you have?
What resources will Leave a Nest provide to TECH PLANTER?
Leave a Nest will provide access to industry executives, key decision makers, and mentors to help startups realize their technology into business and build great companies of their own.
Where is the TECH PLANTER?
Leave a Nest office is located in Tokyo, Japan. We have branch in Singapore, Malaysia and United States also. Mainly, our program is handled in Tokyo. We do qualify round in several city such as Singapore, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur and etc.
Is their funding opportunities?
The winner of pitch competition in Japan Final round will receive upto 5M JPY investment funding and 300,000 JPY for prize.
How detailed does my idea need to be in the application?
In this initial application process, we ask applicants to describe how the technology will change the world, the team, the idea, and how you plan to execute it.
Will the information in my application be treated as confidential?
Please do not submit any business plans, trade secrets, or “secret sauce.” Your application must include only non-confidential information. All information disclosed to us in your application will be considered non-confidential public information. Leave a Nest will only treat information as confidential if the information is covered by a formal, written confidentiality agreement signed by Leave a Nest prior to disclosure. So, please check the contract (NDA and etc) with your institution/lab/company, whether you can submit your idea or not. It is your responsibility to check your status.
Does Leave a Nest own the intellectual property (IP) developed by my company during the pitch competition?
IP developed by a participating company is retained by that company.
Step3 Statement on Privacy and Data Protection
ARTICLE 1: General
- These Terms and Ｃonditions are defined on the basis of Japanese law.
- The services Tech Planter and Tech Plan Grand Prix are seed acceleration program for technology based start-ups, hereafter referred to as “the Services”, provided by Leave a Nest Co. Ltd., hereafter referred to as “the Provider”. The Tech Planter website (https://en.techplanter.com/) referred to as “the Website”, hereafter.
- These Terms and Conditions are an agreement that is legally binding between the Provider and any natural or legal person who, as a recipient of the Services, uses the Services for any purpose, hereafter referred to as “the User”
- By using the Services, you expressly agree to this Terms and Conditions with the understanding of the contents.
ARTICLE 2: Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data, in this statement, means all data related directly to User as a person, irrespective of your actual usage of the Service. This includes i.e. User’s name, contact information (address, phone number, email address), credit card number, bank account number. Personal data is collected only if the User agrees on sending them to the Provider.
ARTICLE 3: Acquisition of Personal Data and Purpose of Usage
In this Website、the Provider acquire and use your personal data for the purpose below. The data is collected by legitimate and fair means for the purpose listed. The Provider do not use acquired data beyond the purpose listed except User’s agreement.
- For offering,management, and operation of this Service
- For maintenance of this Website
- For developing and sending statistical data (from the data personal information is not identified) to operate this Service
- For data collection and research on this Website and any service from the Provider
- For sending information of any commercial product and service recommended by the Provider
- For communication between Provider and User
- For answering any inquiry
- For any other purpose agreed upon between Provider and User
ARTICLE 4: Management of Acquired Personal Data
The Provider safely manage and store acquired personal data. The Provider prevent any loss, damage, disclosure, abuse of the data. Also, the Provider put forth an effort to manage the data in precise and latest condition to the extent of the purpose of usage listed in ARTICLE 3.
ARTICLE 5: Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
Shared usage of personal data
The Provider share personal data for operating the Service with GLOCALINK Inc., Leave a Nest Singapore Private Ltd., Leave a Nest Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., and Leave a Nest America Inc., subsidiaries of Leave a Nest Co., Ltd.
（1） List of the items shared User’s name, address、phone number、e-mail, and other contact information
（2） Purpose of the usage To operate the Service
（3） Administrator of the information
- GLOCALINK Inc., CEO, Kazuhiro Hasegawa,
- Leave a Nest Singapore Private Ltd. President, Kihoko Tokue
- Leave a Nest Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., President, Kihoko Tokue
- Leave a Nest America Inc., President, Ryuta Takeda
The Provider can also share personal data acquired only if the cases listed below is applicable.
- Agreement of the User
- Upon request from public institution and its subcontractor
- At the risk in life and properties of the Provider, with the urgent need of disclosure, in a difficulty in User’s agreement
- When outsourcing the operation or a part of operation of this Website to the third party, or transferring the Service to the third party.
ARTICLE 6: Inquiry for Personal Data Disclosure, Correction, and Suspension
Contact information for any Inquiry regarding the Personal Data in this Service and Website is listed below. The Provider confirm the personal identity by checking driver’s licence, passport, Insurance card, other type of certificate, or phone call to the phone number acquired.
- Address: 5F Iidabashi Miyuki Bldg., Miyabi-Cho, Shinjyuku-Ku, Tokyo, 162-0822, JAPAN
- e-mail: [email protected]
- Organizer: Leave a Nest Co., Ltd
ARTICLE 7: Revision
This Terms and Conditions can be revised without the agreement of the User. When the User revisited this website after the revision, we consider that you expressly agree to the revision. When the major revision is occurred, revision notice is posted to the Website.
Please check to "I accept".