DEMO DAY event will be held on May 12th (Sat) 2018 at Kuala Lumpur!
Registration is finished for 2018. Thank you for applying!
Application deadline date: Mar 30th 2018
Please e-mail to [email protected] if you have any question or any inquiry
This program is focusing on early stage deep-tech startups & pre-startup researchers passionate about business
- In the field of Biotech, robotics, agri-tech, healthcare, IoT, nanotech
- In the stage of Seed until series A round, but pre-startup academic researcher team is always welcome to join!
Prize for the Winner
- Invitation to visit Singapore in July 2018 to attend our DEMO DAY to pitch in front of directors from Japanese large corporations & VCs in Singapore.
- Air tickets for two members & accommodation fee will be covered
- 300,000 JPY (About 2,700 USD) for the Award
Other awards will be given, too!
TECH PLANTER is…
- TECH PLANTER is a unique international seed acceleration program for deep-tech startups. We open a series of showcase DEMO DAY type pitch events around the world. This is the 4th DEMO DAY we opened in Malaysia.
Who should be the applicants of this DEMO DAY event?
- Any deep tech based early (seed~series A) startups & even pre-startups academic researchers who have desire to bridge to Japanese market. We can set up a series of mtg with Director~ CXO level persons in Japanese big companies.
- Ones who have had hard time in difficult prototyping. We have strong connection to best Japanese factories in many fields.
Update of TECH PLANTER
Program Description & Key Dates
The program is composed of 3 parts
- We will select 12 teams from the applicants to pitch out in front of local VCs, accelerators, and Japanese big corporations. This is the showcase of your technology and service.
Mentoring session for the trip to Singapore
- The winner will get a ticket to come to Singapore in July 2018. We will host your visit to attend another pitch event organized by us. After the competition, we will have communication to maximize your visit to Singapore.
Visit to Singapore
- We will host your Singapore visit and set up a series of mtgs. Some of our alumni teams got a deal based on this session (deal includes the start of research collaborations, start of strategic partnerships & etc)
- Application open date: Jan 1st 2018
- Application deadline date: Mar 30th 2018
- 12 finalists will be selected based on submitted proposals: TBD
- Web based presentation coaching session: TBD
- Pitch event date: May 12th
About DEMO DAY on May 12th, 2018
Schedule of the Event
May 12th (Sat), 2018
7min presentation & 5min Q&A is the format for the pitch
Below is tentative schedule:
Round1 4 participants/teams (7 mins presentation + 5 mins Q&A)
LUNCH + PRAYER TIME
Round2 4 participants/teams total 14 mins (7 mins presentation + 5 mins Q&A)
|14:50-14:55||5 min break|
Round3 4 participants/teams total 14 mins (7 mins presentation + 5 mins Q&A)
Judging time (for Panel of judges)
Lightning pitch from audiences
Comments from judges (overall comments and specific teams)