2018 DEMO DAY event will be held on Nov 10th (Sat) at Hotel Nikko San Francisco from 13:00.
Please e-mail to [email protected] (attn: Ryuta Takeda) if you have any question or any inquiry)
This showcase event is focusing on early stage deep-tech startups
- In the field of Biotech, robotics, agri-tech, healthcare, IoT, nanotech
- In the stage of Seed~series A round, but pre-startup team is always welcome to join!
About DEMO DAY on Nov. 10th
3. Fiat Lux Labs
4. Raydiant Oximetry
8. Vibe Imaging Analytics
9. Finless Foods
Schedule of the Event
Nov 10th (Sat), 2018
7min presentation & 7min Q&A is the format for the pitch
- Venue opens at 12:30
- 13:00-13:30 Opening remarks & Keynote presentation
- 13:30-14:15 3 companies’ pitch (Team 1~3; 7min presentation & 7min Q&A)
- 14:15-14:30 BREAK
- 14:30-15:15 3 companies’ pitch (Team 4~6; 7min presentation & 7min Q&A)
- 15:15-15:30 BREAK
- 15:30-16:15 3 companies’ pitch (Team 7~9; 7min presentation & 7min Q&A)
- 16:15-16:25 Lightning Talk
- 16:25-17:00 Networking time/ Time for the judges to discuss the winner!
- 17:00-17:30 Award Ceremony
- 18:00 Event closes/Venue closes
Hotel Nikko San Francisco, Carmel Room
222 Mason St, San Francisco, CA 94102
Dr. Yukihiro Maru
Founder and CEO, Leave a Nest Group
Dr. Taku Nakahara
Director, Glocalink Inc.
Mr. Mitsuru Izumo
CEO, euglena Co., Ltd.
Dr. Devang Thakor
Founder and Principal Consultant, Anioplex, LLC.
Mr. Daisuke Ikehata
CEO, SOMPO Digital Lab Inc.
Ms. Masumi Nishizawa
Assistant General Manager, Corporate R&D Department, Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.
Prize for the Winner
Invitation to visit Tokyo Japan in Mar 2019 to attend our conference to pitch in front of directors from Japanese large corporations & VCs
- Air tickets for two members & accommodation fee will be covered
- We will set up a series of meetings with our partner big companies in Japan.
- We will also bring you to our partner factories (best-in-class factories in the world) in Tokyo.
- 2,000 USD for the Award
Program Description & Key Dates
The program is composed of 3 parts
- We will select 12 teams from the applicants to pitch out in front of local VCs, accelerators, and Japanese big corporations. This is the showcase of your technology and service.
Mentoring session for the trip to Japan
- The winner and some awardees will get a ticket to come to Japan in Mar 2018. We will host your visit and will set up the mtg with Japanese big corporations and VCs. After the competition, we will have communication to maximize your visit to Japan.
Visit to Japan
- We will host your Japanese visit and set up a series of mtgs. Some of our alumni teams got a deal based on this session (deal includes the start of research collaborations, start of strategic partnerships & etc)
- Application deadline date: Oct 26th 2018
- 12 finalists will be selected based on submitted proposals: By the end of Oct, 2018
- Web based presentation coaching session: Oct 27th~Nov 2rd (Tentative)
- Pitch event date: Nov 10th 2018