DEMO DAY 2018 will be held on Oct 6th at Boston!!
Please e-mail to [email protected] (attn: Ryuta Takeda) if you have any question or any inquiry
This showcase event is focusing on early stage deep-tech startups
- In the field of Biotech, robotics, agri-tech, healthcare, IoT, nanotech
- In the stage of Seed~series A round, but pre-startup team is always welcome to join!
Prize for the Winner
- Invitation to visit Tokyo Japan in Mar 2019 to attend our conference to pitch in front of directors from Japanese large corporations & VCs
- Air tickets for two members & accommodation fee will be covered
- We will set up a series of meetings with our partner big companies in Japan.
- We will also bring you to our partner factories (best-in-class factories in the world) in Tokyo.
- 2,000 USD for the Award
Travel award to Tokyo Japan & Other awards will be given, too!
TECH PLANTER is…
- TECH PLANTER is a unique international seed acceleration program for deep-tech startups. We open a series of showcase DEMO DAY type pitch events around the world. Here comes Boston round DEMO DAY on Oct 6th in 2018!
Who should be the applicants of this DEMO DAY event?
- Any deep tech based early (seed~series A) startups & even pre-startups who have desire to bridge to Japanese market. We can set up a series of mtg with Director~ CXO level persons in Japanese big companies.
- Ones who have had hard time in difficult prototyping. We have strong connection to best Japanese factories in many fields.
Update of TECH PLANTER
Program Description & Key Dates
The program is composed of 3 parts
- We will select 12 teams from the applicants to pitch out in front of local VCs, accelerators, and Japanese big corporations. This is the showcase of your technology and service.
Mentoring session for the trip to Japan
- The winner and some awardees will get a ticket to come to Japan in Mar 2019. We will host your visit and will set up the mtg with Japanese big corporations and VCs. After the competition, we will have communication to maximize your visit to Japan.
Visit to Japan
- We will host your Japanese visit and set up a series of mtgs. Some of our alumni teams got a deal based on this session (deal includes the start of research collaborations, start of strategic partnerships & etc)
- Application deadline date: Sept 21st 2018
- Pitch event date: Oct 6th 2018
About DEMO DAY on Oct. 6th
Schedule of the Event
Oct 6th (Sat), 2018
7min presentation & 7min Q&A is the format for the pitch
- Venue opens at 12:15
- 13:00-13:30 Opening remarks & Keynote presentation
- 13:30-15:00 6 companies’ pitch (Team 1~6; 7min presentation & 7min Q&A)
- 15:00-15:10 BREAK
- 15:10-16:40 6 companies’ pitch (Team 7~12; 7min presentation & 7min Q&A)
- 16:40-17:00 Networking time/ Time for the judges to discuss the winner!
- 17:00-17:30 Award Ceremony
- 18:30 Venue closes
Venture Cafe (CIC)
One Broadway, Cambridge