TECH PLAN DEMO DAY in UK 2018 will be held on October 27th in London!!
This showcase event is focusing on early stage deep-tech startups
- In the field of Biotech, robotics, agri-tech, healthcare, IoT, nanotech
- In the stage of Seed~series A round, but pre-startup team is always welcome to join!
Prize for the Winner
- Invitation to visit Tokyo Japan in Mar 2018 to attend our conference to pitch in front of directors from Japanese large corporations & VCs
- Air tickets for two members & accommodation fee will be covered
- We will set up a series of meetings with our partner big companies in Japan.
- We will also bring you to our partner factories (best-in-class factories in the world) in Tokyo.
- 3,000 USD worth for the Award
Travel award to Tokyo Japan & Other awards will be given, too!
TECH PLANTER is…
- TECH PLANTER is a unique international seed acceleration program for deep-tech startups. We open a series of showcase DEMO DAY type pitch events around the world. This is the 3rd DEMO DAY we opened in Silicon Valley area.
Who should be the applicants of this DEMO DAY event?
- Any deep tech based early (seed~series A) startups & even pre-startups who have desire to bridge to Japanese market. We can set up a series of mtg with Director~ CXO level persons in Japanese big companies.
- Ones who have had hard time in difficult prototyping. We have strong connection to best Japanese factories in many fields.
TURN YOUR PASSION INTO ACTION TODAY
Descriptions & Key Dates
The program is composed of 3 parts
- We will select 12 teams from the applicants to pitch out in front of local VCs, accelerators, and Japanese big corporations. This is the showcase of your technology and service.
Mentoring session for the trip to Japan
- The winner and some awardees will get a ticket to come to Japan in Mar 2018. We will host your visit and will set up the mtg with Japanese big corporations and VCs. After the competition, we will have communication to maximize your visit to Japan.
Visit to Japan
- We will host your Japanese visit and set up a series of mtgs. Some of our alumni teams got a deal based on this session (deal includes the start of research collaborations, start of strategic partnerships & etc)
Application open date:
Application deadline date: Sept 22nd 2017
1st Screening result announcement: Last week of Sept
Mentoring session: After 1st Screening~Oct 20th
Pitch event date: Oct 21st 2017
・Mitsui Chemicals Inc.: Mr. Ito
・Glokalink Inc.: Mr. Nakajima
・BLOOM.SPACE: Mr. Jack Wratten
・Deep Science Ventures: Ms. Santa Astratova
・Imperial Enterprise Lab: Mr. James Sheppard
・Oxford University Innovation: Dr. Richard Auburn
・Idea Space (University of Cambridge): Mr. Stewart McTavish
・Leave a Nest Co., Ltd.: Dr. Yukihiro Maru（Chair of the Judges）
Event & RVSP
HOW TO ATTEND
Pitch event will be open for researchers, tech-startups, and local companies who have will to help technology startups. If you are interested in attending this event, please aske us so, and wait for our response. >> e-mail to [email protected]
will be announced later.
Tentative schedule is as follows;
13:00-14:00 Opening session
14:00-17:15 Pitching from finalist teams
17:15-17:50 Judging time
17:50-18:30 Closing session / Announcement for the prize
18:30-19:30 Networking time