This showcase event is focusing on early stage deep-tech startups
- In the field of Biotech, robotics, agri-tech, healthcare, IoT, nanotech
- In the stage of Seed~series A round, but pre-startup team is always welcome to join!
Prize for the Winner
- Invitation to visit Tokyo Japan in Mar 2019 to attend our conference to pitch in front of directors from Japanese large corporations & VCs
- Air tickets for two members & accommodation fee will be covered
- We will set up a series of meetings with our partner big companies in Japan.
- We will also bring you to our partner factories (best-in-class factories in the world) in Tokyo.
- 3,000 USD worth for the Award
Travel award to Tokyo Japan & Other awards will be given, too!
TECH PLANTER is…
- TECH PLANTER is a unique international seed acceleration program for deep-tech startups. We open a series of showcase DEMO DAY type pitch events around the world. This is the 2nd DEMO DAY we opened in UK.
Who should be the applicants of this DEMO DAY event?
- Any deep tech based early (seed~series A) startups & even pre-startups who have desire to bridge to Japanese market. We can set up a series of mtg with Director~ CXO level persons in Japanese big companies.
- Ones who have had hard time in difficult prototyping. We have strong connection to best Japanese factories in many fields.
The program is composed of 3 parts
- We will select 12 teams from the applicants to pitch out in front of local VCs, accelerators, and Japanese big corporations. This is the showcase of your technology and service.
Mentoring session for the trip to Japan
- The winner and some awardees will get a ticket to come to Japan in Mar 2019. We will host your visit and will set up the mtg with Japanese big corporations and VCs. After the competition, we will have communication to maximize your visit to Japan.
Visit to Japan
TURN YOUR PASSION INTO ACTION TODAY
Descriptions & Key Dates
Application open date:1st of August
Application deadline date: Oct 5th 2018
1st Screening result announcement: Second week of Oct
Mentoring session: After 1st Screening~Oct 26th
Pitch event date: Oct 27th 2018
- Leave a Nest Co., Ltd: Dr. Yukihiro Maru
- Isomer Capitals: Ms. Savitri Tan
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation: Mr. Satoshi Yamanaka
- BLOOM. SPACE: Mr. Jack Wratten
- Rolls Royce: Ms. Jialin Wang
- Deep Science Ventures: Ms. Santa Astratova
- SynbiCITE: Dr. John Collins
- The Rain Gods: Mr. Timothy Barnes
Event & RVSP
HOW TO ATTEND
Pitch event will be open for researchers, tech-startups, and local companies who have will to help technology startups. If you are interested in attending this event, please aske us so, and wait for our response. >> e-mail to [email protected]
Tentative schedule is as follows;
12:30-13:00 Venue Opens
13:00-13:55 Opening remarks and Key Note Speech
13:55-14:00 Introducing 12 finalists and judges
14:00-14:45 Round 1 (3 teams’ presentation)
15:00-15:45 Round 2 (3 teams’ presentation)
16:00-16:45 Round 3 (3 teams’ presentation)
16:45-17:00 Break/Judges deliberation time
17:00-17:40 Time for judges to discuss/Lightening talk
17:40-18:10 Closing ceremony/Announcement for the prizes